By staff writers

Jan 09, NEWS.com.au


HILLARY Clinton has won the Democratic presidential primary in New Hampshire, narrowly beating Barack Obama for the party nomination.

Senator Obama conceded defeat to Senator Clinton who had 39 per cent of the vote after 75 per cent of precincts reported.

Senatory Obama had 36 per cent of the vote.

"I want, especially, to thank New Hampshire. Over the last week, I listened to you and in the process I found my own voice," Senator Clinton said.

"I felt like we all spoke from our hearts and I am so gratified that you responded. Now together, let's give America the kind of comeback that New Hampshire has just given me."

Senator Obama congratulated Senator Clinton on "a hard-fought victory".

"She did an outstanding job," he said.

"I am still fired up and ready to go."

Read more this news quote